February 20, 2011

Bumblebee Blanket

This is my first attempt at this kind of applica blanket.  For a first attempt, I think it turned out pretty cute.  The request was for a pink and yellow bumblebee blanket, but I couldn't find any cute flannel prints of bumblebees, so I decided to make my own!  Having experience, I will do things differently for the next one.

(Clarification: Don't get me wrong, I love how this one turned out.  I would do things differently to make it easier for me to sew. Each color section I cut out individually and I cut out two separate wings, for a grand total of 7 pieces each to sew on to the blanket. The next one, if I do another bumblebee, I would do 1 piece for the wings and just sew a line two define the two wings.  For the body I would just cut out one big piece of the dark pink and sew the two light pink sections to that. With those changes, I would only have two pieces to actually sew to the blanket, much more simple than the way I did it!)


Bumblebee #1

Bumblebee #2

Back of Bumblebee

No comments: